Monday, 22 November 2010

Sleek I Divine Palette - Bad Girl

Yeah i know Bad Girl has been out for a while, but ive not been too well to post until now.
As usual Sleek's palettes are a bargain to be had. Bad Girl came out along with its sister Good Girl ~( all pinks, peaches and a soft red - not my colours) and is a great  palette for the smoky eye trend.
It is very similar to the limited edition Graphite palette Sleek brought out, so if you are missing that one, then Bad Girl is a good one to get as i dont think its L.E.
The top rows of both palettes are virtually identical, but Graphite's lower row is mostly purples, where as Bad Girl has 2 of green, blue and purple shades. They are Very pigmented, almost inky. They are also not very shimmery, more a satin finish which is very suitable for smoky looks.

I really like that Sleek are now giving names to the colours, makes reference to them very handy. The palette comes in a cardboard packaging, which is handy to instantly recognise this palette from all the other black Sleek palettes. Wish they print the name of each palette on the sides of the box as i store all my palettes that way and its useful to pick out which one i need if they had names on the sides!  :)



I adore the Graphite palette so wasn't sure if id need this one, but I've come to love the inky textures of the colours. I can lighten them slightly by applying either Innocent or Gullible over them lightly, which also gives the shades a more shimmery finish.

Here are some looks ive done with the palette under the cut-


 1 - Primed with Elf mineral primer and then lid dabbed with Fyrinae Pixi Epoxy. Blade on inner and middle lid, Twilight in outer corner and under eye.Rebel into crease. Innocence on inner lower lid and brow bone. Black gel eyeliner by Visee. Lipstick is Almost Black by Nyx.


Second look -Primed with Elf mineral primer. Gullible on inner corner to middle of lid. Obnoxious on outer corner blended into middle. Abyss on lower lid with Innocent blended over at lower inner edge. Lips again Nyx Almost black, but over black lip liner - Illamasqua Sophie medium pencil. Black gel eyeliner by Visee



My third look uses - I used a matt cream Bamboo by M&S over the whole lid after applying Elf Primer. Intoxicated over lid and smudged  and blended upwards towards brow, also applied under eye. Envy blended into the crease. I used Urban Decay Vert on the lower eye inner corner to bring out the green more of the other shades. I applied a little Twilight to my inner eyelids to pop the green from my own eyecolour. Gel eyeliner by Visee. Lip colour is a custom mix of various intense lipglosses by Illamasqua.



A great palette for the coming parties and for anyone into intense dark eye makeup.

3 comments:

Cydonian said...

Wow! The looks are gorgeous. Great review.

Nehima said...

Love the looks you've created, really want to get this palette. I only have the storm palette by Sleek but I love it! Thanks for the swatches!

Sakara said...

Nehima. I like the Storm palette too, great smoky looks from that,in more warm tones. This id say is its cool toned sister.