Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Game inspired - Bioshock LOTD

As you might have guessed from my costume makeup post, im a big gaming fan. When i was looking at references for my next costume it dawned on me to use the iconic colours from various games as inspiration for makeup looks.

My first look is based on the game Bioshock. Set in an Art Deco world under the deep blue ocean, this planned utopia had fallen and was utterly corrupt. Shining metal spires and elegant structures are now rusting and copper decorations enveloped in Verdigris.

I took this image as my main inspiration -
You can see the rich blues of the ocean with the various metal shades and the shades of the rust and verdigris.
I wanted this look to be soft with all the colours blended together , with the metal shades just peeping through the greens and browns.

Click below for more pics!




I first finished this look with Morgana Cryptoria lipstick in Turquoise and my turquoise hair extensions to represent the blue ocean.

Then for a more everyday look i swapped the colour for a pinky bronze shimmery gloss with a green reflection. It was a mix of a few products including a Collection 2000 gloss that i don't think is made any more..




I used Illamasqua Succumb from the crease upto the brow,  All other shadows are Yaby Pearl Paints.  
First Snow on the browbone arch and on the inner corner of the eye.
I blended Platinum from inner corner towards the middle of the lid.
Then a took Sea Turtle (an amazing green than flashes silver and gold) over the middle of the lid to outer corner.
Above the crease I used a little Baby Grass above the crease and blended out.
In the crease I used Cappuccino Dream. I also put a little of that under the eye from outer corner to middle.
I put Mermaid Blue under the eye and blended it from the silver shade through to the bronze shade.

I lined the eye with ELF Studio gel liner in gunmetal and then quickly dabbed over the liner with some Yaby PP in Antique so there was a mix of dark silver and old gold. I also dabbed over than Collection 2000 glitter liner in Dig It over the liner to give it that sparkling wet look.
The waterline was lined with Urban Decay 24-7 liner in black (forgot name!) and then whilst still gel dabbed on Yaby Antique.
Waterproof mascara in deep black by BeautyUK. Then I dabbed GOSH extreme liner in bronze on the tips of the lashes.

Blusher was a peachy colour called Maroon (?) by M&S
Skin - BB cream by Missha (perfect cover),  Concealer by LA Girl (see previous post for review!) and finished with Meow Minerals foundation in O Himalayan pampered puss.

I plan to do looks based on Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect and Portal. Any other games you'd like to see looks based on? let me know in the comments!

8 comments:

Phyrra said...

I love the lips and hair extensions!

Robyn said...

Turquoise looks amazing!!!

Ms. Wedgie said...

I love the fact you've done a game inspired look...and those lips are AMAZING!! It's a bit of an old game but I'd love to see a 'Beyond Good and Evil' look! It's one of my all time fave games and I always loved the lead characters green lips! :)
x

Meredith Jessica said...

I have to say, as much as I love the eye makeup, the hair and lips really make the look outstanding. Not a lot of people can pull that off but damn, you make it look almost natural! Well done.

I just finished a Game of Thrones series if you'd like to check it out.

Meredith Jessica, new follower
http://pigmentsandpalettes.blogspot.com/

Sakara said...

Ms Wedgie..i'll have to look that up!

Sakara said...

Roby.I would have worn the turquoise out, but i wasnt feeling that great, so decided to change it. It is such a stunning colour and so opaque. Its a shame Morgana has discontinued it.( it contains something not allowed in the US, tho perfectly fine in the UK lol. I'll have to ask her if she has any of the old stock left as i'll buy a whole bullet of it!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Awesome look! I always enjoy looks with unique lip colours!

The Red Crayon Aristocrat said...

Bioshock -AND- Assassin's Creed? I think I love you...!