Monday, 25 July 2011

Game Inspired - Assassin's Creed games - LOTD

bare with me, this post is a big one!
I originally did one look based on iconic colours from Assassin's Creed. But then decided to do one from each of the games! SO here are 4 looks!
click below for LOADS of pictures!



Firstly Assassin's Creed.

This is the story of Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, who becomes a master assassin during the era of the crusades and fights against the dark forces of the Templar order.
This was the first look i did. I felt this game made me think of shimmering skylines and of the Animus world, and of the colours of Altair's costume - off white, dark brown and red along with metallic silver and black of his weapons. I wanted this look to be very strong and dynamic with reference to the eagle in the eyeshape and to arabic makeup.




I actually cannot remember what i used for this eye, except the red liner, which is Manic panic vampire red blush mixed with Illamasqua's Sealing Gel to create a liner. All the shadows were shimmery. I used a white, silver, black brown and Barry M White kohl and Essence Black gel eyeliner.


Lips were OCC liptar in NSFW. Gods i wish this worked on me, but again, it bled. I followed OCC's instruction on how to apply and nope, still bled (you can see on the bottom lip, this was straight after application).

Next was Assassin's Creed 2.

This time the story was set in renaissance Italy, with a new lead character Ezio Auditore De Firenze, who becomes a member of the Assassin order after his father and brothers are murdered by someone connected with the Templar order.
Ezio's costume has similar colours to Altairs but is created with all the flourishes of Renaissance Italy. I wanted this to have a more luxe look, so mainly used rich matt colours of red, white and brown with flash of metallic silver as highlights.



I used colours from the ELF 100 palette.

11A and B, 10G and J, and 7J (mixed with sealing gel) Also used essence gel eyeliner and urban decay loose eyeshadow in a silver, which was also mixed with sealing gel for liner (name rubbed off).
eyebrows were filled in with 11I from the palette.

Lips were Illamasqua's Box with a little Sophie pencil at the outer edges blended in to create depth. A tiny bit of clear gloss applied on top.

Next Assassin's Creed Brotherhood -
This time the story is set in Rome, with a lot of rich detail. The costume Ezio has, has elements of the original Altair costume, but with more Italian flare and embelishment. There is a lot of red in this look along with white, silver, black and browns and little touches of golden details.




Again, I used Elf 100 palette
same colours as with AC2, but with the added light golden beige 8E and 8F

Lip were Nyx Diamond Sparkle lipgloss in Red Sparkle.

lastly Assassin's Creed Revelations.

This is the last story with Ezio. This is a much older man and the story is set in Constantinople and surrounding area.The game also features Altair so i wanted to incorporate the arabic eye makeup again, but with a softer feel. Ezios costume is darker, with different colours and a more sombre feel. Colours of his outfit are dark blue grey, black, dark browns, silver, red and a little shimmery white.



Again i used the ELF 100 palette, blending 4G over 11F to create the blue grey, 10H and 10J together in the socket up to brow with a little white shimmer 11B under the Eyebrow arch. 7J was brushed over Illamasqua's Strumpet medium pencil which was applied under the eye. a tiny amount of silver pigment was pressed into inner corner. Essence gel Eyeliner was applied all round the eye.
Illamasqua Sophie pencil was used to line the lips then Illamasqua Box lipstick filled in lips and blended together to create the dark red lip.

I think out of the 4 looks, i like Brotherhood and Revelations looks the most. It was alot of fun, thinking up different looks for each game, including the little icons below the eye.

next up will Be Mass Effect and i think i might end up doing 2 looks for this aswell!

8 comments:

KittenMittens said...

All 4 are full of so much awesome I love it!! I can't even pic a favourite, they all kick ass

olgiepolgie said...

They're all really fun looks, but I agree with you: I like the Brotherhood and Revelations looks the best. I really love the lips from the Assassin's Creed II look, too.

Widdlesh said...

What an AWESOME post!
I love video games myself, it's so great to see other beauty blogger gamers out there! :D

and Mass Effect is ALMOST my favorite series! (Right after Final Fantasy probably)
CAN'T WAIT for the third one! So sad it got pushed back til next year! :(

⚏ Arlecchino Fluorescente ⚝ said...

LOVELY designs!!
xoxo

Sakara said...

I'm kind of glad they've put it back. One because they are making sure the final game is perfect (too many games are released to early and have too many glitches- KOTOR2 for example) and secondly, it gives me more time to get my costume finished!

Demonicsmurfette said...

All these looks are amazing. I love the 2nd and last the most. The Ilamasque lipstick is utterly gorgeous.

Meredith Jessica said...

Wow, this must have taken you forever to do. I love the third eye look and the last lip look. Amazing range of creativity here. Bravo!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Great looks! I love anything that is black, red, and silver.