Monday, 21 November 2011

purple look with Sleek and Nyx

Been so busy with costuming and other things that i haven't had time to update this till now. This look I wore back on 16th November. I have been customising all my Sleek palettes into colours, ie all purple in one palette, all blues in another etc. It's takes some patience, a heat gun and hot glue but it can be done! I've written on the back of the palette where each colour came from palette name wise so I can still refer to their original palette names. Now this might be some form of OCD lol, but I prefer to have all similar shades together so I can just go to one palette if I want a purple look like here. My short term memory problems means I often forget that one of the palettes has a purple in it and I wont use it for ages because of that.

The natural light has been bad here in the UK, so some of these images are a little dark, although they still show the colours.






Eye primed with Two Faced Shadow Insurance.
Colours used - Medium purple from the Circus palette across eyelid to crease,'twilight shade' purple from Bad Girl palette on the crease and blended up. The darkest purple from Graphite on the lower lid. A mix of shimmery white from Graphite with far left corner aqua from Curious palette on inner corner. White also used on highest part of under eyebrow.
Eyebrows - Illamasqua Fine pencil in Eerie to mark out eyebrow shape and roughly fill in, then Famous Mono eyeshadow in brown black to fill in (using a little water to create stronger pigment).
Urban Decay 24-7 waterproof liquid liner in Retrograde along top lash line. Urban Decay 24-7 Glide On Eye pencil in Zero along lower lash and waterline. Elf waterproof mascara in black to finish

Skin -OCeight mattifying gel, Missha Signature Real bb cream shade 13, Meow Minerals Himalayan in perfect puss shade 0.

Lips - lined and filled in with NYX Mauve, then ontop and blended together with Nyx Aphrodite round lipstick.

7 comments:

olgiepolgie said...

Adore this look! I love purples and you've used so many great-looking colours here.

Makeup Zombie said...

So beautiful- that purple makes your eyes POP! Glad to see you back!

Cydonian said...

I haven't used the Circus palette in forever! This is really pretty with your hair.

Sakara said...

cydonian - i know its a lovely colour, im so glad i organised my sleek palettes into colour, that way i wont forget about a nice shade!

ThatIsMe said...

amazing!

Phyrra said...

Gorgeous purples! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Love it!