Saturday, 28 January 2012

never too much Sparkle 'Black and White' makeup challenge

This challenge finished on the 25th, but looking after a sick boyfriend meant ive only just had chance to sit down and type this out!






When only black and white can be used, i think graphic lines work best.



*For my eyes i used Morgana Cryptoria Socket To Me eye primer all over eye area and underneath, NYX jumbo pencil in Milk on the lid, taken out as a wing shape toward to the end of the eyebrow.
*Using Illamasqua Medium Pencil i drew a line along my eye crease, winging it out towards the eyebrow.
*Then Yaby pearl paint in First snow blended over the white, patting the powder down rather than stroking it on, so it laid flat and strong on the lid.
*I took Yaby Pearl Paint in Abyss along the pencil line keeping the lid clean of the black, but blending the black upwards towards the brow.
*I then went back to the Sophie pencil and drew a line under my eye, sweeping the line up following the same angle as the other lines towards the end of my eyebrow.
 *I took a tiny amount of Fyrinnae's pixie epoxy and applied it over the pencil and then took some Aromaleigh Rock! Black Celebration and patted it onto the epoxy.
*Finally i used some Illamasqua pure pigment in Breathe and patted that on top of the eyelid and also on the brow bone, blending it with the black.
*Topping it off with Prestige Lash Matrix waterproof mascara, with eyebrows done using Famous Matt shade 12 eyeshadow.
I've recently found that Illamasqua have a technique on their website called the Sophie-i technique which is quite similar procedure to what i did, just the pencil lines are drawn differently.


Lips were a combination of Illamasqua's Sophie pencil applied all over the lips, then their Intense Lipgloss in Repulse applied over the top with a tiny bit of their Pure Pigment in Breathe patted onto the bottom center of the lip.

Lastly, my nails. I had seen this nail art done before and since i recently bought some fun nail art paints from Cherry Culture, i decided to try it myself. i started with Matt black from Models own . Then using white nail art paint i drew in the pattern adding dots each side of the white band. Then using a black nail art brush i added in the black lines to create the corset effect. Topped it all off with a shiny top coat by Jordana.

8 comments:

Bekka said...

Oooh, that's the best B&W I've seen yet. Love those nails, too!

Sakara said...

Bekka - Thankyou!!!

liloo said...

absolutely phenomenal!
Going to have to recreate that sometime xx

Sakara said...

Liloo, love to see your take on it!

olgiepolgie said...

This is just amazing! I saw Wendi's wrap-up of the topic on her blog and yours was definitely my favourite. Your mani is to die for, by the way.

Sakara said...

Olgiepolgie - thankyou so much!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

The makeup is fantastic, but the nails are my favourite part! They look just gorgeous, I wish I could try something like that!

Sakara said...

VB - go for it..have fun. Now i got some cheap nail art polishes i'm going to play with them!